Sonam Kapoor: My Father Cut Me Off When I Was 18

After making grand sweeping at the box office with her latest film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Sonam Kapoor is on cloud nine. Glowing in the afternoon light at the Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa, it is easy to see why Sonam has been given the title of a fashion icon; she clearly knows her way around style and couture.
Talking about her work and place in the film industry, the actress says in the interview, “I don’t want to feel guilty about who my father is, where I come from, and stuff that I’ve done for myself so that I can afford a certain lifestyle. My dad worked for over 30 years so that he could give his children everything. So if anyone says that I’m here because of my father, I never say no, because I am.”
The actress is a self-confessed rebel who says, “I haven’t had a thing from my father since I was 17. He cut me off when I was 18,” she says.
The actress continues, “He said, ‘You’re an adult now. I started off with nothing, so you need to as well. You can do this on your own.’ I remember thinking that everyone would still think he was taking care of me so what difference did it make, but he said, ‘You know what you’re doing, so that’s all that matters’. And that’s what I’ve grown up feeling, that I don’t need to give an explanation to anybody about who I am.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LATEST NEWS